Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy faces


In an effort to motivate myself to stick to my plan as often as possible, next week I'm beginning my new "Happy Face Rewards" system.

Getting stars and happy stickers works to reward kids for good behavior and Weight Watchers uses "star" stickers to reward their members. I know when I was in Weight Watchers, I LOVED getting those stars and felt really empowered when I looked at how many I had received.

So beginning Monday, I'm rewarding myself with happy face stickers. For each day, I can earn up to 6 happy face stickers---each a different color. Here is the "Happy Face Sticker Code"---what I have to do that day to earn that particular happy face sticker.

  • Yellow---Work out at the gym--cardio and weights
  • Blue---Drink at least 64 ounces of water
  • Purple---NO fast food for the day
  • Pink---Do yoga
  • Red---Take a multivitamin
  • Green---Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables

I'm using a wall calendar that can fit all 6 stickers on one day's square.

A few months ago, I used a similar method. I drew a big heart around the days on my calendar that I went to the gym. Then I LOVED looking at the month overall and seeing how many hearts I had all over the page! The heart meant---I showed love to myself that day by making time for myself and working out. It was definitely a motivator.

So I'm hoping this will help motivate and reward myself, too!

1 comment: