Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back from the gym

My 16-year-old son helped pull me up today and got me to the gym.

I did not want to go at all. My son had spent over 5 hours at the park today playing basketball. So I thought that was going to be my excuse to not go to the gym. I thought he would be too physically exhausted to care about going today.

But right when he got home he said, "Okay, when are we going to the gym?"

I started with the excuses and he saw right through me.

"Do you really think you need to go after playing basketball for 5 hours?" I asked.

But before I could even finish the sentence, he said with a smile, "No, no. We're going to the gym. I'm not giving up on you, Mom!!"

And with that, I knew there was nothing else I could say.

"Okay. We'll leave in 15 minutes," I said.

We just got back. I'm glad I went.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Jen! Just tackle one day at a time. How're those smiley faces doing? I have total faith that you can overcome this!

    ReplyDelete