Monday, May 11, 2009

Fast food fight


I'm on Day 8 of my McDonald's McSkillet Burrito ban and I am quite proud of myself! Honestly, the thought of having one isn't even really appealing anymore. Well, maybe a little appealing. But not bad. It's easy to resist.

I feel like the worst is over. I also think I should make the McSkillet Burrito ban a permanent one. I think it would be too easy to pick that habit up again. So I need to lay it down forever.

What do I want to give up next in my health and fitness quest?

Hmmm...it still needs to be fairly simple and easy. I'm trying to get some momentum going so I can deal with the big things later.

Fast food keeps coming to mind. Giving up ALL fast food for 30 days is too big for right now. But I think giving it up during the week is reasonable and something I could do. I already have a head start by staying out of the McDonald's drive-thru lane to avoid the evil McSkillet burritos.

Giving up fast food during the week would be huge for me. If you look back at earlier blog entries, I kept track of the days I did NOT eat fast food in February. There were only TWO days out of the WHOLE MONTH that I did NOT have fast food. Think that has something to do with why I'm fat???? Oh yeah. It's a main factor.

My only concern is when I'm travelling. Could I really commit to packing my own meals if I travel during the week? Hmmm...probably not at this point. I want my goals to be realistic---one day at a time. One step at a time. I don't want to set myself up for failure.

Okay, here is my new pledge.

Beginning today, for 30 days, I will NOT eat fast food during the week (Monday thru Friday)---unless I'm travelling. And when I DO eat fast food while travelling or on the weekends, I'll report WHAT fast food I eat here and it's full calorie content.

I'll be travelling on Thursday thru Sunday of this week. When I eat fast food---which will probably be Thursday and Sunday mainly---I'll report here what I eat.

Talk about some accountability!! That will definitely make me think twice about what I order!

1 comment:

  1. how do you like salads? there are some pretty good fast food salads out there! it's so hard to follow thru when you're at home a lot......hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete