Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chicken wings

After my big blog entry yesterday about shifting my focus to the FOOD I eat, I went out last night and had a bunch of chicken wings. Fried, greasy, honey barbecued CHICKEN WINGS.

I don't even really LIKE chicken wings???!!!

I had always said I never wanted to live a life where I NEVER ate anything unhealthy. I just wanted to eat unhealthy things rarely. And when I did eat them---I wanted it to be something I really loved. Make it a real treat.

But is that the right way to go? Maybe unhealthy foods should just be off limits for me until I can get a grip on this and TRULY create new eating habits for myself.

When I looked at the menu last night, I saw the strawberry/spinach salad option. But it just wasn't something I would normally order, so I never really considered it as an option.

Maybe I need to establish myself as a "healthy eater" all the time FIRST, before I allow myself the occasional splurge. ONLY look at the healthy options until I can get a grip on that.

The chicken wings were not a splurge. That was me acting as my old self. Looking at a menu and moving right past the healthy options because I had the negative tape running in my head, "I don't order healthy options at a restaurant. "

Eating unhealthy foods just makes you crave more unhealthy foods. The exact opposite is also true.

Maybe I should make unhealthy foods off limits for a while?

Maybe I'm just thinking too much.

2 comments:

  1. I think your right that you need to get a handle on it first before you allow the unhealthy stuff at all. I think that it helps me to really focus on only healthy during the week and allow something ELSE on the weekends only.
    Just a thought.....baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Alicia!! You inspired me to make my next 30 day pledge, which I just wrote about---giving up ALL fast food during the week! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete