Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Drastic Measures

I researched and considered all the different supervised and very specific weight loss plans such as Jenny Craig, NutriSystem, Weight Watchers---which I've done before. After lots of research, learning pros and cons and talking to people who've done it, I decided to try Medifast. Here are the reasons I chose Medifast:

1. It's very, very simple.
2. There is virtually no preparation involved.
3. It's very easy to take the meals and eat them wherever I am.
4. No supplements or any other hassle involved. All the vitamins and nutrients are made into the foods.
5. The meals are designed to keep you full longer.
6. Results should come quickly, which will give me momentum and inspiration to keep going.
7. Supervised by medical professionals
8. The program has been studied by Johns Hopkins University and deemed safe and effective

I picked up my Medifast meals today, which are a combination of soups, oatmeal, shakes, nutrition bars and drinks. You take one of the meals every 2-3 hours---any one of the meals you want---you just have to eat FIVE of those meals a day.

Then I also add one "lean and green" meal per day, which consists of a lean protein (chicken, turkey, etc.) and a pile of non-starchy vegetables. This is also a plus, because I can eat my "lean and green" meal anytime I go out to eat with friends or for business. Every restaurant has some form of a "lean and green" meal---will just have to modify it to take out all the cheese, dressing, etc.

So I ordered five weeks of food. Yikes! It is very difficult to commit to this drastic of a change in my eating all at one time.

Will I be perfect on the plan? Probably not.

But I am committed and I'm ready for a change. I think I may be hitting the bottom of this whole "being fat" thing. I knew as soon as the misery of being this fat outweighed my love of food and putting everything else first, I would finally be committed enough to really make a change. I'm feeling that change now.

I'm just done with this horrible relationship I've had with food. It has not been my friend. It has been so hurtful. And it will kill me if I don't do something.

I need to completely change my entire relationship with food. And I'm hoping this will do it.

My weight loss coach told me the first three days will be very hard. So that will be tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. After that, your body adjusts to the lower number of calories. I was also advised not to exercise for 3 weeks because my calorie count will be so much lower than what it's used to. That will just be a relief. haha! No more guilt when I don't exercise and I know I should!

I will try to post more regularly as I start this new journey. I'm very nervous about tomorrow. If I can make it thru the first day, it will be really huge! I feel like I'm going into battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment