Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Doing something different

I've decided to take more drastic measures in my health and fitness journey. Trying to take "small steps" and focus on overall health and going easy on myself is not working. I think I'm so strong. I think I can do everything by myself. The reality is, I'm not. I'm not strong when it comes to weight loss. I'm very, very weak.

I have a drastic amount of weight to lose. So I need to do something drastic to get it off.

I'm not at the surgery point yet---but the main reason I haven't seriously considered that is that I don't have health insurance that covers it or the money to have it done. But I do want to try every option before I work to make surgery doable.

So I'm researching ways to get this weight off using prepackaged meals and counseling/coaching, such as NutriSystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig or one of those kinds of programs.

I am realizing I can't do this alone. I'm so far gone, I need professional help to get out of it. I can't get control of this myself for whatever reason. So I need to figure out how to come up with the resources to get professional and medical help.

Trying not to let it get me down, but it's tough. I hate being this huge. It effects me every minute of every day. People judge me. I haven't had a date in years. I'm lonely. I can't even walk a block without being winded and needing to sit down.

It's just miserable. I have to take drastic measures to save my life. I have to take drastic measures to fully LIVE my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen

    I hear where you are coming from. I was there too. Back in early June I found Medifast and I'm proud to say that on Monday I reach my goal of losing -80 lbs with the Medifast program. It was the easiest program I have ever done and best of all it worked. I tried everything for 7 years with no luck not even one pound off. Medifast took 15 lbs off the first three weeks.
    To Pay it forward I have became a health coach and Im now helping others on their Medifast journey back to good health.
    You can visit my site to learn more.
    http://www.nataliejo.tsfl.com
    I also blogged about my journey
    http://www.iHelpWeightLoss.com
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete