Friday, August 28, 2009

Getting older

I am on track. I'm eating better than ever. My new job is making it more challenging to find the time to exercise, so that has stalled the last couple of weeks. However, I am working all that out and know I'll have a good routine down soon so that I'm taking care of myself.

I'm feeling a real shift in my mindset about health and fitness. It's a very good thing.

I'm 36 years old---going to be 37 in a couple of months. Health and fitness is becoming less about "looking good" and feeling confident and more about preventing sickness, disease and living a long life.

I am really starting to get freaked out about what horrible shape I'm in. The older I get, the more it's going to cause major, major problems.

Right now, even though I'm over 100 pounds overweight, I am soooo fortunate to not have any major health problems. But that will absolute change if I don't do something very, very, very soon. I'm reaching a real critical point in my life where my health and fitness matters a lot more to my life. I feel it so strongly.

What I eat matters more than ever right now. How much I exercise matters so much more now. It's not about looks. It's about being alive and LIVING. When I think about it that way, I feel such a sense of urgency that I didn't feel before.

I want to protect my body as much as I can against things like stroke, heart attacks, diabetes, cancer and all those other things. I don't have control over it 100 percent, but I have a lot of control over it.

What I eat and how much I move makes a HUGE difference in combatting sickness and disease. Again, even the most healthy people get sick. But I am at MUCH greater risk at my current state of health.

I'm just feeling such a wake-up call lately. I've GOT to change now.

No comments:

Post a Comment