Saturday, August 1, 2009

Food list

Got my new mini-refrigerator yesterday! I really needed it, because I am now renting part of a family's house and there is just very little room in their refrigerator for me to stock healthy food. So that was a really positive step for me.

Now I will stock it with healthy food!

With my goal of losing 50 pounds in the next 19 weeks ( right before I go on the already paid-for and scheduled December cruise with my mom and sister), I will stock that refrigerator with healthy food I LOVE. Then I'm eating only this healthy food every 2-3 hours and giving myself one cheat day (Saturdays) for the first month at least. That way, when I crave crappy food I can at least tell myself, "I can have that on Saturday," and it won't seem so bad.

I'm weighing and measuring myself every Friday to measure my progress. I'm already exercising, so I just need to get the food part going.

I'm focusing on healthy food I really, really enjoy. And there is actually a lot of it! Here is what I will keep on hand as much as possible---as my budget allows.
  • Almonds
  • Chicken Breast
  • Salmon
  • Black beans
  • Light Vanilla Soy Milk
  • Skim Milk
  • Fiber One Honey Cluster Cereal
  • Bananas
  • Strawberries
  • Purple seedless grapes
  • Pineapple---my favorite!!!
  • Oranges
  • Green apples
  • Protein powder for protein shakes
  • Mushrooms
  • Green bell peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Onions
  • Salsa
  • Low-fat shredded cheese
  • Deli sliced turkey
  • Wasa multigrain crackers
  • Whole grain bread
  • Oatmeal
  • Peanut Butter
  • Honey
  • Wraps--high fiber, whole grain
  • Mixed frozen vegetables that I can steam in steamer bags
  • Yoplait fat-free yogurt
  • Blueberries---to put in yogurt
  • Fresh spinach
  • Light ranch dressing--to drizzle only
  • Baby carrots
  • Fiber One granola bars
  • Fat-free jello pudding
  • Eggs--hard boiled
  • Lean Cuisine meals---for when I'm really in a crunch for time, I know it's not ideal
  • Veggie sausage patties--LOVE the Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties
  • Veggie burgers---LOVE the Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Patties

I won't be able to get all this every week, but this is my list to choose from. Then I can get what I can afford and what I have room for in my little mini-fridge each week.

And I really do LOVE all the food on this list! It's just a matter of making it a priority to have these foods handy, and making the time to prepare these foods.

Friday is my first weigh-in day!

No comments:

Post a Comment