Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yoga

Thanks to my awesome friend Tracee, I have now started doing yoga twice a week, in addition to my six days of working out at the gym. We do yoga together in one of our living rooms---whichever home is more convenient for both of us on that particular day.

Tracee knew I hadn't done yoga in many years and when I did yoga before I was in much better shape. So she started me off slowly.

"Oh, this is so much easier than I remembered!" I thought. "This is just stretching and relaxing!" Even though I couldn't do all the poses yet, it was still less physically demanding overall than I thought it would be.

Well, Tracee---who is very experienced in yoga---was just bringing me in slowly. She didn't want to scare me away in the first couple of sessions. Today, I was reminded of what yoga REALLY feels like! Today, she cranked it up.

We did yoga at lunch and it was no longer the beginner yoga. My heart was racing. I was sweating. I was working hard. I've only been back in the office for about an hour and I can already feel the soreness setting in.

Whew! Now THAT was YOGA!!! Wooo-hoooooo!!!

It feels really, really awesome.

Thank you Tracee!!

2 comments:

  1. yoga added in with your regular workout is going to give you some fantastic results...not to mention it feels so amazing afterwards. you rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. It's still shocking how hard it is.

    But, the challenge is totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete