Friday, January 30, 2009

Getting back up

Okay, so it wasn't the healthiest day for me.

I am extremely sore from yoga yesterday----in a good way. It actually motivates me to do more when I'm sore because I know it's working! Therefore, I thought I needed to skip the gym today.

Seriously----my hamstrings are KILLING me. I can barely walk and I have had trouble picking things off the floor all day. My biceps hurt. My triceps hurt. My back hurts---upper and lower. And not just a little sore---I've been annoying everyone with my moans and groans all day.

One of the things that hurts the worst are the sides of my torso, which I didn't even know could be this sore!

AWESOME!!!!!!

So I didn't go to the gym today and that doesn't feel good. I think I should have gone anyway---even if I didn't do much---just so I wouldn't get out of the habit. My day doesn't feel complete now that I didn't go.

Then----foodwise, today I had some issues. I am feeling bad. It really feels like I'm coming down with something. I've been coughing, weak, throat is getting sore, I'm sneezing and just feeling very low energy overall. When I feel bad, I want comfort food. I look to food to make me feel better. I also had a TERRIBLE day at work and wanted comfort from that.

Here is my confession: for breakfast, I had a McSkillet burrito from McDonalds and a vanilla iced coffee. For lunch, I had a chicken sandwich from Burger King and a chocolate chip cookie. Okay, two chocolate chip cookies.

Then I was back on track for dinner.

But that fast food totally comforted me from my sickness and my bad day. It tasted good and even more importantly it made me FEEL GOOD. It totally made me feel better. I have probably used food all my life to comfort myself for all kinds of negative emotions and feelings.

I fell today, but I got back up. I'm still going.

I just have to be aware of what I'm putting in my body and why and not give in to temptations so easily.

Tomorrow is a new day!

2 comments:

  1. you did exactly the right thing by picking up where you left off after the splurge. if you expect 100% all or nothing perfection, thats when the whole plan derails.

    youve been working your arse off and i am very proud of you. take care of yourself in the process and dont feel guilty about giving yourself a little time to recooperate between these hard core workouts. guilt is not empowering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting back up is key to keeping all resolutions and making any goal.

    ReplyDelete