Monday, March 29, 2010

26 pounds down!!

I haven't posted here in a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been making progress! 26 pounds down since I started getting serious about weight loss on Feb. 4th! I'm super proud of myself, but I still have a long ways to go. So I need to stay focused and on-task.

I am no longer doing the Medifast plan. That was WONDERFUL for me to get started and get a boost early on, but the plan doesn't match my core values of eating healthy, REAL food from nature and exercising to create the body I want. But it did give me a huge boost at the beginning and it got me going. So it was very, very useful for that. If I hit a plateau along the way, I am keeping that open as an option to do for a week here and there to get me going again--it's basically like going on a fast.

After doing Medifast for a week back in February, I have been eating fruits, vegetables, whole grains and really watching my portion sizes. I have been eating smaller meals, more frequently, which is really working for me. When I get hungry, I eat something small and continue to do that throughout the day.

I've also really started exercising in the last month--doing Zumba twice a week and going to the gym 3-4 mornings per week to do cardio and strength exercises. That has made me feel so much stronger. I just feel really great and my endurance is MUCH improved.

Now that I've lost 26 pounds, I feel like I'm kind of in my "crunch time". It has always been relatively easy for me to lose 20-30 pounds. Honestly, it doesn't seem like I've had to work that hard for it. I have soooo much extra weight, that 20-30 pounds isn't that much for me.

But in the last few years of trying to lose weight, I haven't been able to get past the 30 pound mark. Once I hit the 30-pound loss, I plateau there for a while, get frustrated, then give up and go back to old eating and non-exercise habits. Therefore, the weight comes back.

So this is a very critical time. I need to get past the 30 pound mark. My next goal is to hit the 40 pound mark. If I can do that, there will be a huge celebration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment