Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good month

Well, I went through the whole month of September without a post here! However, that doesn't mean I haven't been making progress in my health and fitness journey. I made sooooo much progress in September!!

I started doing 6:30 a.m. workouts at a local gym---that has been going GREAT. As much as I would like to workout at ANY OTHER TIME besides 6:30 a.m., it's just not practical. Getting up earlier to work out is just the ONLY time I know nothing else will get in the way. So it's the only time of the day I've been able to be consistent.

I just have to accept that I will be starting every weekday (unless I'm sick or on vacation) with a workout for the rest of my life. It needs to be a lifelong habit, if I'm going to be healthy and fit. Once I accept this fact and stop moaning and groaning about it, the better off I will be.

Also in the month of September: I joined a new weight loss group that I'm very excited about, I am working with a personal trainer who is really helping to keep me accountable (and makes sure I show up for those 6:30 a.m. workouts!), I started walking my dog to get some extra exercise in and I am filling my mind with healthy thoughts by reading books on health and fitness.

The one I've read the most is "Skinny B*tch". Yes, the name of the book has an obscenity in it, which I don't like because it makes it more difficult to talk about or recommend to anyone! And the book itself is filled with profanity, which makes it even harder!

But it is one of the best health books I've ever read. It is real and very straight-forward and also quite entertaining to read (if you can get past the profanity), while still being incredibly informative.

I'll talk more about this book in future posts, but it is really having a positive effect on me.

September has been a GREAT month for me. I'm really on the right track---food and exercise both---and it will just get better in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment